29 August 2011

Promise me you'll always remember....

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think".   ~Christopher Robin to Pooh”

I started this blog as my own personal family archive...a way to document all the events, milestones, and everyday moments that happen in our lives.  That means all the beautiful moments and to keep it real it also means the curve balls life may throw our way.  Well that recent curve ball for my family was that my mom has kidney cancer. The doctors are most certian it hasn't spread and we are very confident and hopeful that they will be able to go in and get it all out during surgery on Wednesday.  She will be under the best possible care at Northwestern Hospital.  We are praying for a full healthy recovery and our extremely confident she will beat this awful disease. 

My strength has been tested these past couple of weeks for sure and  when I came across that Christopher Robin quote it really helped to keep this simple sentiment in mind...braver than you believe, stronger than you seem...

On August 13th the girls and I had a great day with my mom- We went to a place called Make a Messterpiece, where the girls could do a bunch of different art projects!! So cute and fun!  We then had lunch at a nearby cafe outside- it was a beautiful day. I think my mom was born to be a grandma!  The love and affection she shows for her grandchildren is effortless and they are so lucky to have her as their grammy! 

(1 of 1)-24wb

(1 of 1)wbs-22 

(1 of 1)-23wbs 

(1 of 1)-21wb 
(1 of 1)-27web

(1 of 1)-28wbs

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...