03 January 2011

Auld Lang Syne....

Auld Lang Syne translated to english means..old long since...long long ago...days gone by... 

When I think of the days gone by this past year I think of life altering moments, miracles, stress, excitement and lots of changes for the better.  The first miracle was the birth of our little girl Jillian Faith in March.  The second was the recovery of my grandfather...who we were told to pretty much say our goodbyes to as we left the hospital one night and then slowly watched him get passed hurdle after hurdle to make a close to full recovery!   Pretty amazing!

Selling our house and moving was the biggest stress but I think will be greatest reward in the end.  We moved to Arlington heights 2 months ago and have yet to look back.  We love it here and are so excited to discover our new neighborhood and new town in the year ahead!  We are lucky and we are blessed!  I know it's a cliche, but that's how I feel at this moment!!

We spent New Years Eve with Matt, Laura and Rosie, ordering sushi and having great conversations, as we always do with them.  We talked about New Years resolutions and aside from the typical ones...lose weight, excercise more, save more money, read more, etc..  I have one and only one...Take the high road!

When given the opportunity to put someone down, speak being mean-spirited, prove them wrong etc. I would like to stop and simply take the high road.  I don't have to prove them wrong to be right, I don't have to use my energy and words to make someone feel bad, regardless of my intent.  Taking the high road to me means speaking, giving and loving with grace and kindness.  Ultimately it's a road I'm eager to travel and a goal I'll strive to obtain! 

Happy New Year one and all and best wishes for 2011! 

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...