05 November 2010

Keeping The Moment...

So it's no secret to anyone who has been in my life these past two years that photography has turned into a true passion for me.  I absolutely can not get enough of it!  I read anything I can get my hands on about the subject; blogs, websites, books...you get the picture....HA, no pun intended! ;)  Seriously though I marvel at the fantastic photographs I find that are truly inspiring and I instantly think "I want to be that good."  I am for sure a work in progress and find there's not enough time in the day to soak up all the knowledge that is out there in the photography world.  I however will not stop trying and truly feel lucky to have found something to feel passionate about, to get excited and giddy over, that is reserved for only myself. 

Of course my family are the subjects I use most often to entertain this passion and as a result the camera is toted around to pretty much any family event/activity that I deem "photo opportunity worthy".  This was no exception when we went to the pumpkin farm last weekend and although I was proud of many of the shots from the day there's one that really stood out for me and reminded me why I love photography so much. 

This following photo was the first one taken and I thought it turned out great.


Then in a split second I captured this next photo and instantly knew it was a treasure!



This wasn't posed and we never told Mallory to lean in toward her sister the way she did.  While taking a series of photos I happen to capture this candid expression from both their faces!  Tony and I both said "Awww, that's nice Mallory" and then when I looked back in the viewfinder I was so pleased and couldn't wait to go home and see it on the big screen.  This photo is why I love photography and it's why I'll continue to capture these little moments in time for our family!    


"Time will never stand still and those moments that bring us such joy become memories in an instant. To capture such a moment and record it forever is truly monumental." - Joshua Atticks -

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...