29 November 2010

I remember a place

After negotiations, inspections, signing contracts, final walk throughs, cleaning, and all the other endless to-do-lists that accompany buying and selling a house, we have finally moved in and are on the track to getting settled!! I must say it feels pretty darn good!! There’s something to be said for finding and moving into (god willing) “your forever home”!! In a strange sense I feel like I (like many others) spent the better half of my younger years striving to reach the big goals…graduations, landing jobs, finding lasting relationships, marriage, and kids. All the while I’ve been so grateful for the beautiful experiences, joyous moments, and many success’s that have come my way, but with every accomplishment reached and every goal realized I am even more thankful for the ones that weren’t…the heartaches, the disappointments, the bad decisions because I truly feel like I have learned from all those “mistakes” and unanswered prayers and that they helped me get to where I am today.

Where I am today?

I whole heartedly can say I am at that place where I always wanted to be…I have everything I ever wanted and finding our house that we will make our home, our home to raise our family, a home in a town that we love, in a wonderful neighborhood, surrounded by so many family and friends well it’s quite simply the icing on the cake! As we wrap up Thanksgiving weekend I will say my gratitude is indeed overflowing.

So much of this blog is about documenting the lives of my family. I was able to capture the first few days of living in our new home through photos. I wanted the photos to be authentic and candid. I have turned them into a photo montage and hope to someday show it to Mallory and Jillian. I know someday we will look back fondly at these early years…starting our family and we will reflect and say I remember…

 “I remember a place... a town... a house like a lot of houses... a yard like a lot of other yards... on a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years, I sill look back... with wonder.”
 - The Wonder Years

 The photo montage...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...