13 July 2011

4th of July Weekend

We had a great 4th of July Weekend celebrating with family and friends.  The girls splashed around in the backyard kiddie pool, we saw fireworks at Arlington Park, went to the towns festival "Frontier Days", walked to the town parade, and had a bbq with local friends!  Last year we went to the same parade but we weren't residents yet. We were just beginning the selling and buying home process.  The day of the parade this year I kept thinking how we've come full circle in just one year and also how much we've been through this past year (in terms of the home journey) to get where we are today.  If someone would have told me a year ago that this is where we would be today I'm not so sure I would have believed them!  But here we are, in a home we love, in a neighborhood we love, in a town we love....our kids our meeting friends that they will go through all their school years with and we are meeting family friends that we'll have wonderful memories with as we sit back and watch our kids grow up together!  It feels like a sweet victory, we sold our house and conquered the odds in this crazy market!  Needless to say that little town parade had lot more meaning to me this year as I watched it with my little family and new friends!!  On this 4rth of July I am so grateful for my freedom, for my country, for the privilages I often take for granted, for the troops and their families, for my town, home, and the little family I love and adore!!!  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...