15 May 2011

The Sweetest Days...

I'm not sure if it was something I was born with or if it was acquired along the way but I've always had a knack for recognizing the "good ole days" while they were occurring, for really savoring the times in my life that I knew were ever so fleeting, that I knew wouldn't last. When I was 10 years old playing "Ghost in the Graveyard", when I was participating in high school musicals, when I was having the time of my life in college, when I was in my 20's living in the city, the dating days between my husband and I, each and every one of those times I remember thinking "I really need to savor this and cherish these days for it's not always going to be this way."

Now that I have my own young family, these same sentiments often ring through my head yet again.
I know these are the sweetest days, perhaps of my life and there's something even more sweeter about recognizing that!

We only get them for a little while. All too soon these moments will be stolen away....replaced by homework projects, school activities, friends they'd rather be with....

So nights when we can walk to the park as a family, play in our backyard, and all read a goodnight story together...these are nights I will wholeheartedly embrace because before we know it they will be just a sweet memory.
















"You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again." ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Tricia~I am the same way!! I want to hold onto every memory I can of my girls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...