18 July 2010

I was born in a small town...


Not only do I love the song "Small Town" by John Mellencamp but I could relate to it as well for I was born in a small town!  I have wonderful memories growing up in that small town where we road our bikes to the beach everyday in the summer, caught fireflies, knew all our neighbors, frequented the local candy store, and lived a very simplistic modest life style.  Over the 4rth of July weekend I was reminded of that small town feeling as we went to our towns local festival.  We've lived here for three years but never really spent a lot of time at the local festivities.  We met my family there and had a great time!  Mallory went on every carnival ride she qualified for, we ate pizza, drank lemonade, listened to live music and watched the fireworks into the evening!  And in "small town" fashion we even ran into some friends that live in the area, exchanged hellos and went on our merry way!  For the moment it was a feeling of living in that Mellencamp song as I fondly recalled the lyrics..."No I can not forget where it is I come from".  Oh how easy it is to forget that...thanks John for that simple tune to remind us once in awhile of what's really important!    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...